I spent most of my time this week writing my Politics post from yesterday, so today’s NFL post is a bit lacking. But, there are some things I want to talk about, so I’ll just rapid fire them.
- Are you concerned with Michael Vick possibly owning a dog? I”m sure not.
- The Yankees performance in the playoffs doesn’t totally absolve the Rangers’ failure of a season, but it sure helps.
- How is your NFL team doing this year? Surprisingly good? Surprisingly bad? Just as you thought? The Broncos are about how I thought they would be, which is to say disappointing.
- Is anyone besides me excited for basketball season?
Week 7 Power Rankings:
- Atlanta Falcons– They remain undefeated. Playing poorly in wins is better than playing well in losses.
- Houston Texans– Proving that they can’t play with the big boys.
- Baltimore Ravens– Narrow win over the Cowboys cost the defense big time.
- New York Giants– Impressive win over the 49ers might put the Giants on the right track.
- San Francisco 49ers– Didn’t look so good against the Giants, but still a very good team.
- Chicago Bears– Coming off a bye should provide for a good showing against a poor Detroit team.
- Green Bay Packers– I have a feeling the Pack is back to normal.
- Seattle Seahawks– Strong defense is exactly what a rookie quarterback needs to be successful.
- New England Patriots– No longer the most clutch team in football.
- Denver Broncos– I’m putting my team here because they just survived the hardest 6 game stretch in football and are 3-3.
Top 5 Games of Week 7-picks in bold
- Seattle Seahawks @San Francisco 49ers– Is the NFC West the best division in football right now? 49ers, but just barely
- Baltimore Ravens @Houston Texans- Both teams have depleted defenses, and Houston has the better offense
- Arizona Cardinals @Minnesota Vikings– Two overacheiving teams. Arizona is without a running game.
- Washington Redskins @New York Giants- RGIII will not be stopped!
- Pittsburgh Steelers @Cincinnati Bengals– Evenly matched teams, home team gets the advantage!
2-3 last week; 10-10 on the season