Time for another version of Quick Hits! Maybe I’ll change the name to something more creative like 4 downs or 3 strikes or the PK or the 100m or bullseye. I don’t know yet, still working on it. Any suggestions?
Here are some things that matter to me in the world of sports:
- Lance Armstrong was officially stripped of all his Tour de France titles this week. What is your take on this? Personally, I don’t like that he lied, but I don’t mind the doping. Not because I think it’s right or ok, but because to compete you have to be on the same level, and that’s what he had to do. I also think they are unfairly punishing Lance (look at the punishments for all other cyclists that were found to be doping).
- It’s Giants-Tigers in the World Series. Any picks? I don’t know much about either of these teams. According to ESPN, the Tigers are the pick to win the series in 6 or 7 games, so I’ll just go with that.
- The Miami Heat were picked as the favorites to win another title this year, with Lebron as the MVP. Do you agree?
- Forbes released it’s list of Most and Least Liked Players. Surprised by any of these picks? On the “Liked” list, I’m surprised by Charles Woodson and Matthew Stafford. I didn’t realize they were so popular. On the “Disliked” list, I can’t believe Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn are relevant enough to warrant a list, and I’m not sure what Tony Romo did to deserve a spot. I totally get the Kyle Orton one, though. I can’t stand that guy.
- I can’t get enough of guys looking goofy, and Yao Ming playing golf hit the spot. One of my favorite things to do when I’m sad is to watch Charles Barkley take a swing.
Top 10 NFL teams- Week 8
- Atlanta Falcons- No big bye-week news is a good thing
- Houston Texans– Proved they can blow out the big boys
- New York Giants– I can’t explain this, except that I have no reason not to put them here.
- Chicago Bears- Bears were more dominant than the 13-7 score showed Monday Night.
- San Francisco 49ers– Struggling a bit, but still getting the necessary wins.
- Baltimore Ravens- A much, much better team than the blowout loss to Houston shows.
- Green Bay Packers– Now with momentum, this team is starting to look scary. Woodson loss is a huge one, though.
- New England Patriots– Maybe we are spoiled, Tom, but the Pat’s play against the mediocre (at best) Jets still sucked.
- Minnesota Vikings– More and more confusing with every week.
- Denver Broncos– Defense will be very much tested this week against New Orleans.
Top 5 Games This Week (picks in bold)
- Washington Redskins @Pittsburgh Steelers- I think Pittsburgh’s time is done. They are too old and beat up.
- New England Patriots @St. Louis Rams- There isn’t a team in the NFC West that isn’t fun to watch. But that doesn’t mean they can beat the Patriots.
- Atlanta Falcons @Philadelphia Eagles- Close, tough game, but Atlanta comes out on top in this one.
- NY Giants @Dallas Cowboys- This is always a fun matchup. Eli dominates Cowboys Stadium, though, and this will be more of the same.
- New Orleans Saints @Denver Broncos– I think New Orleans’ lack of defense will be what kills them in this game.
3-2 last week, 13-12 on the season. (I HAVE A WINNING RECORD!!!)