Today is quite the significant day. August 14. For one, it is Our Holy QB, Tim Tebow’s birthday. I know opinions of him are becoming less and less positive/relevant, but I still like him. Secondly, it is my two-year birthday of starting this blog! I can’t believe all the twists and turns that I’ve been through since beginning this journey as a writer, but I’m so glad I started.
Some of those twists and turns include not always having time or desire to write. This has been the case for the past two months. I actually have progressed in other areas, but haven’t quite kept up with the blog as I wish. So, today will be a random compilation of things that I haven’t written about lately.
- Riley Cooper is an idiot. I will never condone the use of that word, and especially when used in such a hateful way he used it. But, I do think it’s comical that he was required to go to sensitivity training by a corporation who has a franchise called the “Redskins”.
- I’m glad Dwight Howard went to the Rockets. They have been the little brother in Texas for a while now, to the Mavs and Spurs, so it’ll be nice to see them contend.
- Baseball has been really boring this year. I just haven’t gotten into it like I have the past few years, which means I’m crazy excited about football season.
- But, the Rangers have been going on a nice little streak as of late, which means talks of them being a serious contender are back on the table.
- The weather here in DFW has been crazy. Not nearly as hot as usual, with a ton of rain. Can’t say I’m a fan.
- I’m trying to finish Ender’s Game before the movie comes out. Then I have to read the whole Hunger Games trilogy again before November. I’m not mad about either of these things.
- For those wondering, literally no progress has been made in talking to/finding my father. I kinda chickened out for a while.
I think that’s about the extent of my thoughts over the past few months. Thank you to all my friends, family, and readers who have kept me going for two years of this blog. It’s been a really wild ride.
Did I miss anything? Any thoughts you’d like to add?