Ok, I know I’ve been MIA for the past two weeks of NFL previews, but I’m back with a vengeance today. Last week was a great week of football, particularly if you watched the Denver-Dallas game. I had hoped for a good game from Dallas, and that’s for sure what we got. I got a bit nervous after Dallas went up 14-0, but Denver came back and it turned out to be one of the best games I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately, Tony Romo has taken a ton of heat for that last pick, but I think it’s ridiculous to say he’s the reason Dallas lost that game. I think if the Cowboys’ offense can keep playing like they did on Sunday, they’ll be playing the Broncos again in February. Anyways, we have some good games on the slate for Week 6, so let’s get to them.
My Top 5 games for Week 6:
- Green Bay Packers @Baltimore Ravens– Both teams have struggled more than I anticipated, but this will still be a fun game to watch. As I’m thinking about what to write, I realize that these teams are almost the same: Struggling on defense and offense, but with a ton of potential. I’m taking the Packers 31-24
- Detroit Lions @Cleveland Browns– I never thought I’d say this, but the Browns aren’t looking too shabby over the past few weeks. Their defense is fantastic, and the Lions, like always, are underachieving. Browns D wins this game, 17-10
- St. Louis Rams @Houston Texans– This game may not be very good, but it should be interesting. Matt Schaub has a chance to redeem himself against a poor defense, and the Texans should get back on tracks. Houston 27-10
- Jacksonville Jaguars @Denver Broncos– Just like when Seattle played the Jags, I’m only putting this here because it’s gonna be fun to see if the Broncos can hit 50 points for the third week in a row. I don’t think they will have any trouble. Denver’s D took a beating against the Cowboys, though, so this game should get them back in gear (and next week, they get Von Miller back!) Denver 55-10
- New Orléans Saints @New England Patriots– I’m super excited about this game. Tom Brady has made scrub receivers look good for years, and he’s back at it this year (save last week). The Saints are clicking in every area this year, and Rob Ryan has had a knack for annoying Tom Brady. I’ll take New Orléans 31-28
What are your thoughts on this week’s games?