I figured I’d get back to basics this week, after not having a football post in two weeks. We now have 5 teams locked into the playoffs, and the Falcons, Patriots, and my Broncos have all clinched their divisions. The Texans still have the Colts chasing their tail, but I think Houston will win the AFC South.
- I know we are all still focused on football, but seeing the Lakers below 500, even after their coaching change, is making me so happy. That my Spurs are near domination doesn’t hurt at all.
- Baseball’s Winter Meetings seem like they will be over without anything major happening. What do you think will be the blockbuster move of this offseason?
- College Bowl Season is just around the corner. I’m not that into the college game, but I still enjoy watching it here and there. What’s your favorite matchup of the 35 (I can’t believe there are that many) bowl games? At a quick glance, I think the Holiday Bowl, featuring Baylor against UCLA will be good, mostly because Baylor is so fun to watch. The Fiesta Bowl seems pretty intriguing, as well, featuring Oregon and Kansas State. And despite all the anger, from an outsiders perspective, I’m interested in seeing Alabama against Notre Dame. I’m one of those guys who thinks the SEC is kinda over rated.
- On a personal note, Autumn and I found our first marriage apartment! It’s basically our dream, under our budget, and has everything we wanted. I’m really excited about this and would like everyone to cheers us in your own way!
Week 14 Top 10 (notes may include up to the past 2 weeks of my observations)
1. Houston Texans– The Texans are playing well and should wrap up their division soon, even with the pesky Colts playing well.
2. Atlanta Falcons– Atlanta played much better in it’s win last week over the Saints, but still have to perform better to make use of their presumed #1 seed in the NFC Playoffs.
3. Denver Broncos– Right now this team looks unstoppable, and with an upcoming schedule vs. Oakland, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Kansas City, I don’t see them slowing down going into the playoffs.
4. New England Patriots– Playing well, but still have 2 more tough games ahead against Houston and San Francisco.
5. Baltimore Ravens– Losing to the Steelers and their 3rd string QB was surprising and showed the Ravens still have a ways to go to make a run at the AFC title.
6. San Francisco 49ers– I’m not sure that Colin Kapernick is the right guy to start, but you have to give Harbaugh credit for having the stones to make a decision that he thinks will help them win.
7. Tie-Chicago Bears– An embarrassing home loss to the Seahawks shows this team still has a way to go. 7. Tie- Green Bay Packers– The Packers didn’t even put up a fight against the Giants, and this team has to improve if they are going to make a dent in the playoffs.
9. Indianapolis Colts– Everyone knew the Colts would be good with Andrew Luck, but nobody thought it’d come this fast. I’m constantly impressed watching this team.
10. New York Giants– I can’t say I’m sold on this team, and I’m not sure they know what they’re doing either, but for right now, they are a Top 10 team.
Top 4 Week 14 Games
- Baltimore Ravens @Washington Redskins– I don’t think the Ravens will be able to hold RGIII and Alfred Morris.
- Chicago Bears @Minnesota Vikings- The Bears are too good, and while the Vikings are on the cusp, they aren’t quite there yet.
- Dallas Cowboys @Cincinnati Bengals– This game is truly a toss-up for me, but I don’t think Jason Garrett is going to be able to come up big in a big game.
- Houston Texans @New England Patriots- I think the Texans are the best team in the AFC (although, I’d like my Broncos to get another shot at them)
These are the only 4 must watch games for me. What games are you excited about?